This Greek Dip: Red Pepper Feta Dip is perfect for a midday snack, or a family get together. There are only 3 simple ingredients, and it’s so delicious!
If you’re like us, you love a good dip! But it’s hard to find an option in the store that’s both healthy and packed with flavor. This Red Pepper Feta Dip was our solution, and it’s a definite winner!
HOW TO MAKE GREEK DIP: RED PEPPER FETA DIP
- Cut your peppers, and place them with the inside facing down on a baking sheet. Put in 350 degree oven for 40-45 min.
- Once the peppers are a little charred, take them out of the oven.
- Once peppers have cooled, peel the skin off.
- Place the peeled peppers, feta and olive oil into a food processor.
- Pulse until the dip is smooth.
WHAT IS THE BEST FETA TO USE?
We like using Greek feta. The flavor is typically salty and tangy, and the texture is soft and crumbly. We also prefer buying a block of feta vs. feta crumbles. A block of feta packed in brine will be much more flavorful and moist than feta crumbles which tend to be less flavorful and dry.
CAN I USE JARRED ROASTED RED PEPPERS?
If you are in a hurry you can absolutely use jarred roasted red peppers! That being said, they tend to be pretty salty and that combined with the salty feta can be a bit much. If you decide to use jarred roasted red peppers, be sure to remove them from the brine and pat them dry to remove the excess before adding them to the food processor.
WHAT CAN I ADD TO SPICE UP THE RED PEPPER FETA DIP?
We add crushed red pepper flakes to the Red Pepper Feta Dip to add some heat.
Greek Dip: Red Pepper Feta Dip Recipe
Greek Dip: Red Pepper Feta Dip
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 1.5 roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Leave a Reply