Our Koulouri are delicious on their own, no doubt! However, add a little of our Greek Style Red Pepper and Feta Schmear for a real treat.
From Lizz: Our family LOVES cream cheese! Recently, when we made our Koulouri recipe, we initially spread some plain cream cheese on them and then we thought, let’s Greek this cream cheese up! So we added some Roasted Red Peppers and Feta cheese, to it and blended it together to create our Greek Style Red Pepper and Feta Schmear, which is delicious! If you like some heat, add some red pepper flakes too.
Basically this recipe is two parts cream cheese to one part feta cheese and one part jarred roasted red peppers. Super easy! Super delicious! Enjoy it on toast, crackers or bagels. Spread it on some fresh vegetables, the possibilities are endless!
Greek Style Red Pepper and Feta Schmear
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 2 oz roasted red peppers jarred
- Weigh all ingredients on a small kitchen scale.
- Add cream cheese, feta cheese and roasted red peppers to a small food processor or blender and blend 30 seconds to 1 minute, just long enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Scoop Greek Style Red Pepper and Feta Schmear into a serving bowl. Spread on bagels or our fresh baked Greek Bread Ring/Koulouri. Refrigerate for up to one week.