Is Hummus one of your favorite snacks? This Spinach and Feta Hummus recipe adds a delicious Greek twist to the classic!
We’ve been all about appetizers lately! Whenever we have family gatherings or friends over, it’s a lot about the appetizers, or as we Greeks refer to them, orektiká. Many times there are so many appetizers served that we are full before we start the main meal! The way we look at it, it just means longer conversations over more good food.
We love the creamy texture of hummus and how it compliments both fresh vegetables and pita bread. You can find our Pita Bread recipe here. While this is a very easy recipe to pull together, the one part that will take the most time is taking the outer skin off the chickpeas. Trust us, it’s worth it because the hummus comes out much creamier. The addition of the spinach and feta is our Greek spin on an already healthy and satisfying appetizer. We finish if off by topping the platted hummus with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, crumbled feta and a dash or red pepper flakes.
I WANT TO PUT THIS TOGETHER QUICKLY. CAN I SKIP REMOVING THE OUTER SKIN FROM THE CHICKPEAS?
Yes you can, but the hummus won’t be as creamy.
Spinach and Feta Hummus Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Spinach and Feta Hummus
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans drained, rinsed and skins removed
- 1/2 cup smooth tahini sauce
- 1/2 cup baby spinach washed, dried and stems cut off
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 oz feta cheese
- juice of 1 lemon approximately 3 tablespoons
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil, feta and red pepper flakes for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour Spinach Feta Hummus into a small serving bowl and garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, crumbled feta and some red pepper flakes.
- Serve with our fresh pita cut into triangles, baked pita chips or fresh cut vegetables.